Another gristly murder in the remote country town of Millers Hollow! Folks are worried. Rumour has it that this is the work of WEREWOLVES, supernatural beasts who masquerade as humans during the daylight hours. We need to band together to protect ourselves, to rout out this evil menace. Hmm, Farmer Joe looks a bit hairy … I THINK HE’S A WEREWOLF!!! C’mon let’s get him!!
… I’ve had a new idea about how to play “Werewolf“. I think we’ve been altogether too genteel. We need more mob rule. I won’t be taking nominations anymore. But you can still vote – whenever you want.
The idea is that when you’re accusing someone of being a werewolf, you’ll also be trying to stir up the crowd, to get them to vote to lynch that person. The first person to get more than half the crowd voting for them will be the one killed.
- villagers themselves will decide and announce when to take a vote
- voting is optional
- if there are multiple candidates – villagers can vote each time
- no majority decision in a fair time, means no elimination that day
- majority votes can be interrupted, if a villager can convince enough people to lower their hands, so there is less than a majority
- interrupted votes can be retaken later. Failed votes cannot be retaken that day.
- I’ll do the “auctioneer count” for each vote (“going once…”) that gives some time for interruptions.
What do you think? Has potential? Problems? You wish it to be known that Glendon is always a werewolf?